Some light has been shed on this decision, with Dave Meltzer saying on Wrestling Observer Radio that the idea is for Omega to be used to build other talent during the first year of the promotion.
With the tag division being such a focus of AEW’s, Omega’s presence in it would line up with the idea they want to use his stardom to build its other members.
Meltzer also noted that the plan was for Omega to then be built as a singles star in year two of the promotion’s life, and this could very well be the direction that is taken.
Ever since he was paired in a tag team with ‘Hangman’ Adam Page, it has seemed almost inevitable that at some point there would be a breakup and a singles match, after which point they’d both leave the tag division.
Omega and Page did retain the World Tag Team Championship two weeks in a row at Fyter Fest against Best Friends in week one and Private Party in week two.
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 20, 2022
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 20, 2022
- Stephanie McMahon Departure Announcement ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
- Did WWE Spoil Result Of Tag Team Title Unification Match?
- HBO Show References Roman Reigns Possibly Joining AEW
- Shock Former NXT Star Was Planned To Join Judgment Day
- ‘Nobody Has Any Idea’ Why Vince McMahon Changed Confusing Money In The Bank Advert
- WWE Planning To Build More Performance Centers Around The World
- WWE Raw No Longer Categorized As An ‘Entertainment Show’
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Suspended By WWE, Women’s Tag Team Championship Vacated