Some backstage news has come to light regarding Pat McAfee becoming the new color commentator for WWE SmackDown on FOX.
Pat McAfee had his first outing alongside Michael Cole at the desk last night, and received a lot of praise for his performance.
Sports Illustrated reports that WWE plans on letting McAfee be himself and avoid over-producing him.
If you watched the show last night, it was pretty evident that he wasn’t being told what to say or do as much as we’ve become accustomed to with WWE’s commentators.
The report also notes that the timing of announcing the appointment of McAfee, which was yesterday, had nothing to do with 10 wrestlers being released a day earlier.
McAfee will also continue with his other projects, namely his Pat McAfee Show, as well as fulfilling his SmackDown duties.
- AEW Star Sends Message To Jade Cargill After Signing With WWE
- Tony Khan Comments On Jade Cargill After WWE Signing
- Jade Cargill Comments On Officially Becoming A WWE Star
- Mustafa Ali’s Replacement Against Dominik Mysterio At NXT No Mercy Revealed
- Tony Khan Addresses NJPW Acquisition Rumors
- Jade Cargill Reveals Why She Chose WWE Instead Of AEW
- WWE Match Pulled From Show
- WWE Star Debuts Brand New Look & Entrance Theme After Big Makeover
- Brian Pillman Jr Introduced On WWE NXT
- Roman Reigns WWE Return Date Revealed