Some backstage news has come to light regarding Pat McAfee becoming the new color commentator for WWE SmackDown on FOX.
Pat McAfee had his first outing alongside Michael Cole at the desk last night, and received a lot of praise for his performance.
Sports Illustrated reports that WWE plans on letting McAfee be himself and avoid over-producing him.
If you watched the show last night, it was pretty evident that he wasn’t being told what to say or do as much as we’ve become accustomed to with WWE’s commentators.
The report also notes that the timing of announcing the appointment of McAfee, which was yesterday, had nothing to do with 10 wrestlers being released a day earlier.
McAfee will also continue with his other projects, namely his Pat McAfee Show, as well as fulfilling his SmackDown duties.
- Former WWE Star Paul London ‘Insulted’ By Offer From AEW
- Backstage Heat With CM Punk Leads To Colt Cabana Missing AEW Shows?
- CM Punk Mocks WWE With Their Own History After Changing MITB Location
- NJPW Officially Addresses ‘Severe Disagreement’ With Kota Ibushi
- WWE Changes Ludwig Kaiser’s Name For Second Time This Week
- Which Stars WWE Meant When Claiming Sasha Banks & Naomi Didn’t Want To Work With Them
- WWE Locker Room Against Sasha Banks But Not Naomi After Walkout Controversy?
- Queen Zelina Injured, Timeline For Return Revealed
- Jake Paul Hunting For A Former WWE Heavyweight For Next Pay-Per-View
- AEW Star Leyla Hirsch Undergoes ACL Surgery