Former IMPACT Knockouts Champion Taya Valkyrie is officially All Elite.
Valkyrie showed up on last night’s Dynamite in her home country of Canada, confronting TBS Champion Jade Cargill.
And now Valkyrie’s signing has been confirmed by AEW President Tony Khan via Twitter, officially welcoming the 39-year-old to the company.
Importantly despite signing for AEW, Valkyrie does still carry the IMPACT Knockouts Tag Team Championship alongside Jessicka (although Rosemary is also champion under the Freebird Rule) as well as MLW’s Women’s Featherweight Championship.
Now, Fightful Select (subscription required) is reporting that other companies were aware of her move to AEW as far back as February, with Valkyrie informing other companies of her future move.
Despite her AEW signing, Valkyrie is still scheduled for MLW tapings heading into April, dates she is reportedly still intending to fulfil.
It had been rumored prior to her AEW debut last night that Valkyrie was headed to either AEW, or back to WWE where she worked as Franky Monet in NXT in 2021.
Her in-ring debut for AEW took place in a match taped for this week’s Rampage – check out spoilers for Rampage at this link.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- Update On CM Punk Claiming Tony Khan Wanted Him To Wrestle While Not Medically Cleared
- Report: News On Rumored Backstage Heat Between CM Punk & Jon Moxley
- Ronda Rousey WrestleMania 39 Match Confirmed
- AEW Match Stopped Due To Injury
- Dustin Rhodes Opens Up About Cody Rhodes
- What CM Punk Told Kenny Omega After All Out Backstage Fight
- AEW Star Shares Message For Dominik Mysterio Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Charlotte Flair Mentions Bella Twins & Mercedes Moné On SmackDown