Almost a decade on from his WWE departure a former star has taken up a new behind the scenes role for a top independent promotion.
Ricardo Rodriguez (Jesus Rodriguez) who is most well known for being Alberto Del Rio’s personal ring announcer for much of his WWE tenure in the early 2010s, has now been taken on by Major League Wrestling (MLW) in a producer capacity as well as continuing to compete in-ring according to PWInsider.
Rodriguez, reportedly began his new role at the promotion’s Never Say Never event (July 8) at the Philadelphia’s 2300 Arena.
Interestingly PWInsider points out that Rodriguez does in fact have experience in producing, as in WWE he often headed up pre-event tryouts, so the role will not be completely new to him.
The event was headlined by MLW Champion Alex Hammerstone vs Alex Kane, with the former putting his over 600 day title reign on the line.
Hammerstone was ultimately defeated, with a brand new chapter for MLW now beginning with Kane as the face of the promotion.
Despite the consistent output of MLW, a lot of news stories about the promotion are focused on their lawsuit battle with WWE.
For the latest on the developing MLW vs WWE situation click here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- NXT Star Works Another WWE Main Roster Show Amid Call-Up Rumors
- WWE Star Claims He Was Released Due To ‘Backstage Political Power Play’
- Cody Rhodes Next WWE Feud Revealed?
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- Christian Cage Wins TNT Championship On AEW Collision & First Defense Revealed
- Anoa’i Family Member Pitches Two New Members Of The Bloodline
- Current WWE Name Thinks One Released Star May ‘Find His Way Back’ To WWE
- Big Update On Becky Lynch’s NXT Future
- Championship Matches Added To AEW WrestleDream 2023
- Last Minute Change To AEW Collision