Backstage details have emerged on the origins of Liv Morgan and Edge’s promos, referencing WWE releases, on last week’s (November 29) edition of Raw.
During the episode, Edge brought up John Morrison’s recent WWE departure in his war of words with The Miz, and Liv Morgan argued to Becky Lynch that her contract was the reason her friends were gone. Following the show, it was reported that some backstage thought the lines were in ‘bad taste’.
As per Fightful Select (subscription required) neither Morgan or Edge’s lines came from Vince McMahon. It was noted that many thought he should’ve removed them from the promos.
Edge does reportedly have more say over his promos, however Vince McMahon does have the final call about what goes on the air.
The report indicated that there wasn’t any cases of heat caused by the lines, with a source noting that they were ‘just another part of the show’. It wasn’t a big talking point backstage, and those referenced in the promos seem to have taken the mentions well, as per the report.
Liv Morgan recently addressed criticism surrounding her specific line, revealing that her ‘friends’ reached out to her after the segment aired.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Big Forbidden Door 2023 Teases On AEW Dynamite?
- What Bandido Was Wearing On AEW Dynamite Explained
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Tony Khan Provides Latest On Potential AEW Streaming Deal
- Top WWE Raw Star Advertised For June 2 SmackDown Show
- Major Athlete Set For Appearance At WWE SummerSlam?
- CM Punk AEW Return Date Announced By Tony Khan
- New Theme Song For Top AEW Star