Shane Helms has revealed the backstage reaction to Becky Lynch vs Liv Morgan from Monday’s episode of WWE Raw.
In the main event of the show, Lynch defeated Morgan to retain her Raw Women’s Championship. According to Helms, the gorilla position, was ‘sold out’ for the bout.
Happy that the match received support backstage, the WWE producer tweeted:
“I’m not naming names, you know who you are, but Gorilla was sold out for Liv-Becky. Seeing that kind of support was just awesome.”
During the build to the bout, Morgan and Lynch’s rivalry referenced Trish Stratus and Lita’s historic December 6, 2004 Raw main event. Morgan and Lynch’s headline match took place exactly 17 years later.
As per Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful, up until four hours before the episode, the Big E vs Kevin Owens steel cage match was set to headline.
The viewership figures for Monday’s episode have now been revealed.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Celebrity Waiting For Call To Make WWE Return