The backstage reaction to the CM Punk and Eddie Kingston segment from AEW Rampage on November 5 has been revealed.
The segment received a lot of praise from fans, and it sounds like that was a sentiment shared by those backstage at the show itself.
Speaking on his latest What Happened When podcast, AEW announcer and interviewer Tony Schiavone said:
“That was amazing TV. I remember I was at the Go position watching and listening. I looked over at, I think it was Dean Malenko. Tony Khan, I’m not so sure he was over two seats from me. I remember looking, saying, ‘This is some entertaining s**t we got going on here guys’. Then it was over and then Eddie came to the back. I got up, went over to him, and said, ‘My God’. He said, ‘Was it good?’ I said, ‘It was f**king good’. He said, ‘That means a lot coming from you’.
“I said something to CM Punk too about how great it was. I don’t think on a wrestling promo that you can get better than that. We’ve seen good ones, but I had someone when it was going on said, ‘Is this a shoot?’ I thought wow, that’s when you know it’s good.”
CM Punk and Kingston have only had a couple of weeks to build to their Full Gear match, but that segment instantly made it one of the most anticipated matches on the show.
Quote via WrestlingNews.co
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Another WWE Star Set For ‘Bigger Spotlight’ After WrestleMania 39
- Tony Khan Announces New AEW Dynamite Matches
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Roman Reigns To Set Another Incredible Record At WrestleMania 39
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- AEW Star Says Fans Will ‘Never Be Happy’
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- Top WWE Star To Wrestle Two Matches At WrestleMania?