Huge news broke today, when it was announced that Vince McMahon had temporarily stepped down as CEO and Chairman of WWE during his ongoing investigation.
In his place, Stephanie McMahon will take over as the interim CEO and Chairwoman of the company, which has been met with a good reaction backstage.
Fightful Select (subscription required) has spoken to several people backstage in the company about the change. One top WWE star said that they didn’t really know what was going on, but that they’ve ‘heard in theory Stephanie McMahon is my boss, and that f*cking rules.’ A former employee that worked with Stephanie prior to her team being disassembled said that ‘the tone was always that she would be in that role eventually. She knows and breathes the business and she’s seamless.’ They also noted that the narrative around friction between Nick Khan and Stephanie McMahon wasn’t something they’d personally experienced.
Another top talent said that ‘I imagine it won’t change much. But I love Steph. So that’s good. I imagine Vince keeps his position in creative and once the investigation is over he’ll take back over if he can.”
Vince McMahon is set to appear in character as Mr McMahon on tonight’s episode of SmackDown, which has been met with a lot of frustration backstage.
- AEW Star Sends Message To Jade Cargill After Signing With WWE
- Tony Khan Comments On Jade Cargill After WWE Signing
- Jade Cargill Comments On Officially Becoming A WWE Star
- Mustafa Ali’s Replacement Against Dominik Mysterio At NXT No Mercy Revealed
- Tony Khan Addresses NJPW Acquisition Rumors
- Jade Cargill Reveals Why She Chose WWE Instead Of AEW
- WWE Match Pulled From Show
- Brian Pillman Jr Introduced On WWE NXT
- WWE Star Debuts Brand New Look & Entrance Theme After Big Makeover
- Roman Reigns WWE Return Date Revealed