The backstage reaction in AEW to Malakai Black and Buddy Matthews departing has been revealed.
After AEW All Out, it was reported that Malakai Black was believed to have been given his conditional release from All Elite Wrestling after requesting his release.
Over the weekend, Black’s House of Black stablemate Buddy Matthews announced that he was taking some time away.
After revealing that Matthews would be gone from AEW for a while, Fightful Select (subscription required) have provided a further update on the AEW backstage reaction on both members of House of Black.
In regards to Malakai Black, his release request had AEW higher ups thinking that he just wanted to go back to WWE and he’d told at least one WWE talent that he wished he was still there.
AEW officials had thought the situation with Black had been smoothed over prior to the All Out pay-per-view, but it seems they were incorrect.
At least one AEW source believes fans will end up seeing Buddy Matthews and Malakai Black back in All Elite Wrestling within a few months and said that AEW had no intent of releasing Black to go elsewhere last month.
As previously noted, this same report had a rumor killer in regards to Bobby Fish trying to tamper with AEW stars to return to WWE.
We will have further updates on AEW stars being contacted by WWE when they become available.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Star Slammed For Being A ‘Disrespectful Ripoff’
- WWE Hall Of Famer Criticizes ‘Childish Stuff’ From The Elite
- Tony Khan Announces Newest AEW Signing
- WWE Spoils Return, AEW Stars Considering Leaving, CM Punk Scrapped Plans Revealed – News Bulletin – November 30, 2022
- Ric Flair Calls Fellow WWE Hall Of Famer ‘An Arrogant Prick’
- Vince McMahon’s Reaction To WWE Spending $30,000 On Crazy Purchase
- NXT Star Shocks Fans Calling Fellow Star ‘C*nty’
- The Usos Hit Another Insane WWE Milestone
- Tony Khan Open To This WWE Hall Of Famer Wrestling For AEW
- Popular AEW Star Received Vince McMahon’s Blessing To Use Current Name