It was reported earlier today that a number of “big men” were sent back to the Performance Center for additional training. While some names weren’t especially surprising, Keith Lee being among them has turned some heads.
Now, Fightful Select (subscription required) is reporting the backstage reaction to the news. Unsurprisingly, people are reportedly baffled by Lee’s inclusion. The report states that Lee is considered one of the better workers in the company regardless of size by his peers. The report also states that people believe he was included solely due to his size.
As for the others sent back, Otis is reportedly liked backstage but people believe he could be safer in the ring.
WWE reportedly has no plans for Dabba Kato backstage. He was meant to be involved with Raw Underground prior to its cancelation.
Dio Maddin (or Mace) is believed to have been sent back simply due to being out of the ring for most of the year. He had been taken out by Brock Lesnar in an angle early in the year and has not wrestled since.
Finally, AJ Styles’ bodyguard, Omos, was the one expected to be part of the group. The belief backstage is that he was not given the chance to prepare for this spot on the main roster and needs a lot of work to improve.
We will continue to provide updates on this situation as they become available.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Spoilers For AEW Title Eliminator Match
- Evidence AEW Star Is Leaving The Company?
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WrestleMania 39 Status
- PHOTO: Bray Wyatt Spotted Amid WWE Absence
- CM Punk Comments On Rey Mysterio & Dominik WrestleMania Feud
- Celebrity Training For WWE In-Ring Return
- WWE Name Criticizes ‘Childish’ CM Punk Instagram Post
- Roman Reigns To Hit Huge Milestone Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- AEW Star Says Cody Rhodes’ WWE Push Made Them ‘Reevalutate’ Future
- KSI Addresses Possibility Of A WWE Future