The backstage reaction to Randy Orton beating Drew McIntyre to win the WWE Championship at Hell in a Cell has been revealed.
As reported by Fightful Select, there was said to be “plenty of confusion” within WWE regarding the decision to take the title off McIntyre and put it on Orton.
The confusion was largely down to the timing of the change, in that, although Orton had been protected between WrestleMania and SummerSlam, he’d lost to McIntyre several times already.
It was noted that Orton is very well liked by people in WWE and has helped out a lot of younger talents in the last year.
Tonight on Raw, Randy Orton will be appearing as the guest on ‘A Moment of Bliss’, which some believe could be the start of a program with “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt for the title.
WrestleTalk.com will have live coverage of Raw tonight, so stay tuned to our social media and the website.
- Former WWE Star Banned From Sting’s AEW Retirement Match
- WWE Sets Up Jey Uso Vs. Jimmy Uso For WrestleMania 40
- Former WWE Star Alleges Incident ‘Worse’ Than Recent Vince McMahon Lawsuit
- Cody Rhodes Breaks Silence After Bloodline Attack On WWE Raw
- Jade Cargill Pulled From Big WWE Match
- Two NXT Stars Spotted At WWE Raw
- ‘Massive Issue’ Caused By New Policy For Sasha Banks/Mercedes Mone AEW Debut Show
- WWE Name Change For Former AEW Star
- Untelevised Footage Of CM Punk Comments After WWE Raw Went Off Air
- WWE Bloodline Family Member Takes Issue With Bloodline Poster, Mentions Cody Rhodes