The backstage reaction to the tentative 2022 pay-per-view schedule announced by WWE has been revealed.
In the announcement, it was revealed that WrestleMania 38 will take place across two nights in April 2022. It was also confirmed that SummerSlam will take place on July 30 next year.
Fightful Select (subscription required) noted that after reaching out to a number of WWE talents, several were positive about the changes to next year’s calendar. WrestleMania 38 being confirmed as a two night event in particular was reportedly a noted as a favourable move.
It was previously reported that following WrestleMania 37 airing across April 10-11, numerous individuals within WWE expressed a desire for future WrestleMania events to span the full weekend. Talent reportedly cited the lack of crowd exhaustion as a big plus.
Fightful also noted that more Saturday WWE pay-per-view shows during football season was also seen as a positive by many, especially stars on the SmackDown roster.
In the announced schedule, it was stated that a “pay-per-view at TBD location” will take place on either September 3 or 4. According to Fightful, this is slated to be the reported UK pay-per-view. Saudi Arabia events are also reportedly planned for February and October next year.
You can check out the announced 2022 WWE pay-per-view schedule here.
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For August 12
- Tony Khan Addresses Rumors About AEW Backstage Unhappiness
- Tony Khan Provides Clarification On Huge Rumored Change To AEW Pay-Per-Views
- CM Punk Returns On AEW Dynamite Quake By The Lake
- Amari Miller Deletes Twitter After Controversial Sasha Banks Comment Causes Huge Backlash
- Freddie Prinze Jr Wanted Karrion Kross As His First Champion
- AEW Trios Championship Tournament Bracket Revealed
- Britt Baker Fuels Speculation About MJF With Recent Instagram Post
- Miro Argues WWE Schedule Is ‘Too Much’
- AEW Dark Elevation Spoilers For August 15