Becky Lynch returned at SummerSlam and won the WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship from Bianca Belair. Lynch had been out having her and Seth Rollins’s first child.
The man has returned. While fans were happy to see Lynch back, many were upset about the method in which she won the championship. She won in a quick squash and has returned as a heel.
Now, according to reports from Fightful Select, many in WWE had similar reactions. The report says many backstage were in shock at how it happened. However, the report also states that in general people were not surprised at how Belair reacted.
— WWE (@WWE) August 28, 2021
According to the report, Belair was in good spirits after the loss. It was also reported that she handled it very professionally. Part of the reason may be there seems to be an actual plan in place for this story moving forward.
Of course, Vince could change his mind and the story could be thrown in the trash by the time next week rolls around. Stay tuned to WrestleTalk for more on this story.
- Backstage News On Change To Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) AEW Entrance Music
- Scrapped Championship Win Plans For Released WWE Star Revealed
- Major Spoiler For Jade Cargill WWE Debut?
- Which WWE Brand Jade Cargill Is Expected To Debut On Revealed
- John Cena, Cody Rhodes & More Announced For NXT Airing Against Edge’s AEW Debut Match
- Update On Becky Lynch WWE Status
- Tony Khan Interested In Free Agent Rumored To Join AEW Or WWE
- Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) AEW Debut Reaches Impressive Media Numbers
- Unseen Footage Of Surprise Return On WWE Raw
- ‘Too Clean, Too Perfect’ – WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Wasn’t Into’ Top AEW WrestleDream Match