More details have emerged on plans for the format of AEW’s first quarterly special of 2022, reportedly called ‘Battle of the Belts’.
The special will reportedly air on TNT on January 8. As per Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio, it will be around an hour long, closer to the length of an episode of Rampage than Dynamite.
Meltzer noted that these upcoming TNT quarterly specials are inspired by the old Clash of the Champions events, with the idea reportedly being to have pay-per-view level cards air on TV. The supercards were originally planned to be longer, according to the report. It was noted that nothing is currently set in stone surrounding the event.
AEW Dynamite is set to move to TBS on January 5, 2022. Battle of the Belts would seemingly be the first quarterly special on TNT.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Paul Heyman Breaks Silence After Jimmy Uso Bloodline Betrayal
- Top WWE Women’s Division Star Responds To Asuka Title Win At Night Of Champions 2023
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- VIDEO: What Happened After WWE Night Of Champions 2023 Went Off The Air?
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- Multiple Stars Left ‘Frustrated’ By Current WWE Merch
- PHOTO: Mandy Rose Spotted On Boat With Several NXT Stars
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed