A backstage update has provided more insight on the Ronda Rousey and Natalya segment that took place on last week’s episode of SmackDown.
The segment began with Natalya impersonating the SmackDown Women’s Champion. Unamused by the parody, Rousey confronted Natalya, ripping her jacket off, before Natalya threw the baby stroller at Rousey.
On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer stated that the angle was likely entirely Rousey’s concept, noting:
“It’s not what the writers would come up with. As soon as I saw it I knew, ‘Okay, this is not from this writing team, this is not from Bruce Prichard’. I kinda was like, ‘What is this?’, and I was thinking it could be a number of different people. It’s Ronda. Ronda wants to do something out of the box, and she’s doing something out of the box.
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
Rousey will defend her SmackDown Women’s Title against Natalya at Money in the Bank this Sunday. The former UFC star won the championship from Charlotte Flair at WrestleMania Backlash in May.
The Champion has also shared an intriguing video from before SmackDown appearing to tease a future program with Shayna Baszler, which you can read more about at this link.
Check out the updated card for the WWE Money in the Bank premium live event right here.
- NXT Star Works Another WWE Main Roster Show Amid Call-Up Rumors
- Cody Rhodes Next WWE Feud Revealed?
- Released WWE Star Claims One Person Had ‘Weird Grudge’ Against Him, Vince McMahon’s Departure ‘Killed’ His Career
- WWE Star Claims He Was Released Due To ‘Backstage Political Power Play’
- Released WWE Star Reveals They Requested Their Release
- Former World Champion To Become Free Agent Next Week
- Top NXT Star Expected For September 25 WWE Raw
- Real Reason For WWE Star’s Character Change
- Tiffany Stratton Scrapped WWE Main Roster Plans Revealed
- SPOILER: AEW Star Captures Championship Title