Current ROH World Champion Bandido is set to face off against Original ROH World Champion Jonathan Gresham at the ROH Supercard of Honor show next Friday (April 1).
Bandido was one of the ROH stars who was released from his contract when the company shut down late last year, with fans wondering what the future holds for the luchadore.
Mike Johnson of PWInsider was asked about Bandido’s future in a PWInsider Q&A, where he stated that he believes that Bandido’s work visa with ROH expires soon, so his immediate future will be events in Mexico.
“My understanding is that Bandido’s work visa under ROH will soon be expiring (as they obviously weren’t getting them renewed before the sale to Tony Khan), so until he gets that renewed, his short term future will probably be working events in Mexico. A lot of international talents from ROH are probably in a similar position – as their visas run out, they are going to have to apply for new ones. So, if you start to see some of those talents disappear from independent dates this summer, there’s a reason why.”
ROH Supercard of Honor is set to be the first ROH event since Tony Khan purchased the promotion, and he has teased having several ‘tricks up his sleeve’ for the event.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- MJF Namedrops Vince McMahon On AEW Dynamite, Next Challenger Revealed
- Huge Clue WWE Star Could Be Retiring Soon
- Big Update On Mercedes Mone Status For AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Did Swerve Strickland Beat Orange Cassidy For The AEW International Championship
- WWE World Heavyweight Title Match Added To Madison Square Garden SmackDown
- Referee Bump In AEW Dynamite Main Event Leads To Controversial Finish
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For June 9, 2023