Dave Bautista, better known to wrestling fans as Batista, has recalled the advice given to him by Stone Cold Steve Austin before leaving WWE for Hollywood.
Batista’s Hollywood career has been thriving in recent years. Many, including Knives Out director Rian Johnson, have argued that the former WWE Champion is the greatest wrestler-to-actor ever.
In an interview with GQ, Batista revealed that WWE legend Stone Cold Steve Austin advised him to pass up on terrible scripts when he was getting started in Hollywood.
Explaining why he’s so ‘picky and choosy’ with roles, Batista said:
“Before I left WWE, Stone Cold Steve Austin pulled me aside and said, ‘You’re going to get offers for horrible scripts. The money will be tempting. Don’t get caught in that trap.’”
Batista retired from wrestling in 2019, wrestling his last match at WrestleMania 35 against Triple H.
Following some uncertainty about his future in the MCU, Batista has now confirmed that he will be done playing Drax The Destroyer after Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3.
Bautista was backstage for the December 30 edition of SmackDown. You can read more about the star’s WWE backstage return right here.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Update On Backstage Heat Between Triple H & Top WWE Star
- Rey Mysterio Gives Honest Thoughts On Dominik Mysterio’s Character
- Major WWE Contract Expiring After WrestleMania 39
- Major Roxanne Perez Update For NXT Stand & Deliver
- Report: WWE Talent Morale Affected By Vince McMahon Concerns
- ‘Sentimental’ Special Entrance Planned For Top WWE Star At WrestleMania 39
- More On Rumored New WWE Championship Belt
- Hilarious Guess From WWE Week On Wheel Of Fortune [VIDEO]
- Surprise Ambush To End WWE NXT
- Former WWE Star Opens Up About Pregnancy