Triple H was finally able to defeat Batista last night at WrestleMania 35 in a No Holds Barred match that marked the return to the ring for “The Animal”.
The match took a hardcore turn, with Triple H getting pliers and pulling his rival’s nose ring from his face, all the while smiling to the camera. Batista was bested by “The Game” after an assist from Ric Flair, who Batista attacked on his return to the company to kickstart this feud.
Whilst Batista might have played the heel in his match, he took to Twitter to thank the fans for all their support in a babyface-like manner. He would also officially announce that he was retiring and that last night’s clash was Triple H was his last.
@WWEUniverse Thank you for letting me entertain you. I love this business and whether you cheered me or jeered me, I’m grateful for being a small part of your life. I am officially retired from sports entertainment and I am grateful for every second of my amazing journey ✌🏼
— Vaxxed AF! #TeamPfizer Poor Kid Chasing Dreams. (@DaveBautista) April 8, 2019
This makes WrestleMania 35 historic in that sense that we said goodbye to two former WWE Champions in Batista and Kurt Angle who decided to step away from the ring and hang up their boots.
- Backstage Heat With CM Punk Leads To Colt Cabana Missing AEW Shows?
- Former WWE Star Paul London ‘Insulted’ By Offer From AEW
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 27, 2022
- WWE Changes Ludwig Kaiser’s Name For Second Time This Week
- WWE Locker Room Against Sasha Banks But Not Naomi After Walkout Controversy?
- NJPW Officially Addresses ‘Severe Disagreement’ With Kota Ibushi
- Tony Khan Takes Shots At WWE Changing Money In The Bank Location
- Which Stars WWE Meant When Claiming Sasha Banks & Naomi Didn’t Want To Work With Them
- Queen Zelina Injured, Timeline For Return Revealed
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 27, 2022