Dave Bautista (Batista) has opened up about separating himself from his wrestling past during his Hollywood career.
Despite Batista’s success both in ring and in Hollywood, the former WWE Champion’s two worlds rarely meet (we’re trying to forget about the WrestleMania Backlash zombies).
Speaking with Men’s Health, Batista explained that he isn’t embarrassed by his WWE tenure. Wanting his film career to represent him in a different light, Batista said:
“I’m not trying to separate myself from professional wrestling because I’m embarrassed or anything like that. It’s just, I needed to make a name for myself and start all over and kind of just get people to see me in a different light. Because if people always see me as a pro wrestler turned actor, then they’re going to put me in a box for roles.”
Batista retired from wrestling following his bout with Triple H at WrestleMania 35 in 2019.
The pending-Hall-of-Famer has noted that he’s not interested in acting alongside John Cena and Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson for the sake of a WWE reunion, purely because he doesn’t want to be ‘lumped in‘ to a single category.
Batista stars in the highly anticipated ‘Dune’, which releases next week for the US and UK.
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 27, 2022
- Tony Khan Takes Shots At WWE Changing Money In The Bank Location
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 27, 2022
- Brandi Rhodes Spotted Backstage At WWE SmackDown
- Scorpio Sky Reveals New TNT Championship Belt On AEW Rampage
- Scrapped Idea For Matt Hardy To Lead An NXT Faction
- Update On Vince McMahon’s Plans For Max Dupri On WWE Main Roster
- Kevin Owens Announced For Tonight’s SmackDown
- Veteran Announce Team To Reunite For Ric Flair’s Last Match
- NXT UK Star Charlie Dempsey Announced For PROGRESS Super Strong Style 16 Tournament