Former WWE Champion Batista (Dave Bautista) has recalled the end of his WWE career, noting that he doesn’t want to tarnish his retirement.
Batista is currently experiencing another end of an era, with the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 film set to be his last outing as Drax The Destroyer in the MCU.
Speaking on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, Batista called his exit from the MCU perfect.
Comparing the end of his time as Drax with the end of his wrestling career, Batista said:
“It’s the perfect exit. We all had those perfect character arcs and such a storybook ending.
“I constantly relate it to the way I ended my wrestling career. I ended it on a storybook note. And I would never go back and tarnish that. And it’s the same with this.”
Following Batista’s match with Triple H at WrestleMania 35 in 2019, The Animal confirmed that he was hanging up his boots, believing that his final bout finished his story in WWE.
While numerous wrestling legends have came out of retirement over the years, Batista insists that he won’t step into the ring again.
The former WWE Champion is currently gaining popularity as a Hollywood star, and is being praised for his acting performance in the recent release ‘Knock at the Cabin’.
Batista recently noted that he’s ‘trying‘ for a Hall of Fame induction.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Cody Rhodes Claims He Almost Got Into A Backstage Fight With Top WWE Star
- Final 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductee Revealed
- Update On WWE’s Confidence In Signing Jay White & Kota Ibushi
- Vince McMahon ‘Not That Involved’ In WWE Creative Says Nick Khan
- PHOTOS: First Look At WrestleMania 39 Stage
- Former WWE NXT Star Makes AEW Debut
- Pat McAfee WrestleMania 39 Status Revealed
- Major Name To Return To WWE When Company Is Sold?
- Top AEW Name Says AEW Needs CM Punk & Believes He Will Be Back
- Britt Baker Says She ‘Still Has Questions’ Regarding Thunder Rosa Injury Status