An update has emerged on the WWE return of Dave Bautista, known to wrestling fans as ‘The Animal’ Batista.
Batista’s Hollywood career has been thriving, with the former WWE Champion recently praised for his prominent role in Rian Johnson’s Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery, which premiered in late 2022.
It turns out that the powerhouse recently made his backstage return at a WWE taping.
Per PWInsider, Batista was backstage at the December 30 edition of SmackDown. Batista came by for a ‘quick visit’ per the report, and wasn’t backstage for most of the taping.
PWInsider also noted that Ric Flair and Gerald Brisco were also at the taping.
In the main event of the show, John Cena made his in-ring return, teaming with Kevin Owens to defeat Roman Reigns and Sami Zayn.
The show also featured a notable title change, with Charlotte Flair pinning Ronda Rousey to win the SmackDown Women’s Championship.
Starting 2023 as champion, Flair has now held a WWE title in 10 consecutive calendar years.
For a list of every title change in WWE for 2022, click here.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off
- Former NHL Player Makes In-Ring Debut At IMPACT Wrestling TV Tapings
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- Former Women’s Champion Wants To Face GUNTHER For WWE Intercontinental Title