The first match for WWE Extreme Rules has been made official, with Becky Lynch defending the SmackDown Women’s Title against Bianca Belair.
This is a rematch from SummerSlam, which saw Lynch beat Belair in about 20 seconds as a “last-minute” replacement for Sasha Banks.
That was supposed to spark a heel turn for Becky Lynch, who reportedly saw the success Roman Reigns has had as a heel and requested a turn for herself.
WWE piped in boos during tonight’s SmackDown, but it was clear the crowd was still behind her.
Belair won an elimination four-way against Zelina Vega, Carmella and Liv Morgan last week to earn this rematch.
Extreme Rules will take place on Sunday, September 26.
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 20, 2022
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Status For Tonight’s WWE SmackDown
- Stephanie McMahon Departure Announcement ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 20, 2022
- Did WWE Spoil Result Of Tag Team Title Unification Match?
- Madcap Moss To Get New Gimmick Following Injury Angle
- HBO Show References Roman Reigns Possibly Joining AEW
- Shock Former NXT Star Was Planned To Join Judgment Day
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Controversy Referenced On WWE Podcast
- ‘Nobody Has Any Idea’ Why Vince McMahon Changed Confusing Money In The Bank Advert