SmackDown Women’s Champion Becky Lynch has revealed that she’s been trying to get Beth Phoenix to come out of retirement for a dream match.
In a media session in London, Lynch was asked by whether she’d be up for a potential match against Hall of Famer Beth Phoenix. Pondering whether a mixed-tag bout might finally persuade Phoenix to return to the ring, Lynch said:
“Yeah, I’ve been trying to get a fight out of Beth Phoenix for a long time. Maybe this would be one way to go, we’ll see if we can reel her in.”
Lynch’s husband, Seth Rollins, has recently been feuding with Phoenix’s partner, Edge. The Rated-R Superstar will reportedly be absent from WWE TV for several months following the Madison Square Garden edition of SmackDown.
Phoenix last wrestled in the 2020 Royal Rumble match. She currently commentates for NXT, which underwent a rebrand ahead of last week’s show.
Lynch returned to action at SummerSlam, defeating Bianca Belair in an impromptu title match. The Man recently discussed the original plans for her return at WrestleMania 37.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- Brock Lesnar Could Break Surprising WWE Record
- WWE Management ‘Happy’ With NXT Call-Ups’ Main Roster Debut
- Major AEW Star ‘Bewildered’ He Could Walk Away After Recent Match
- WWE Star To Make In-Ring Debut Soon
- Bryan Danielson & Kazuchika Okada React To Forbidden Door 2023 Match