SmackDown Women’s Champion Becky Lynch has revealed that she’s been trying to get Beth Phoenix to come out of retirement for a dream match.
In a media session in London, Lynch was asked by whether she’d be up for a potential match against Hall of Famer Beth Phoenix. Pondering whether a mixed-tag bout might finally persuade Phoenix to return to the ring, Lynch said:
“Yeah, I’ve been trying to get a fight out of Beth Phoenix for a long time. Maybe this would be one way to go, we’ll see if we can reel her in.”
Lynch’s husband, Seth Rollins, has recently been feuding with Phoenix’s partner, Edge. The Rated-R Superstar will reportedly be absent from WWE TV for several months following the Madison Square Garden edition of SmackDown.
Phoenix last wrestled in the 2020 Royal Rumble match. She currently commentates for NXT, which underwent a rebrand ahead of last week’s show.
Lynch returned to action at SummerSlam, defeating Bianca Belair in an impromptu title match. The Man recently discussed the original plans for her return at WrestleMania 37.
- Hit Row Return On WWE SmackDown
- Tony Khan Officially Announces Parker Boudreaux Is All Elite
- Karrion Kross References Release In Promo On SmackDown
- Swerve Strickland Reacts To Hit Row WWE Return On SmackDown
- Tyson Fury Announces Retirement From Boxing
- Talent Believe The WWE Draft Is Coming After Clash At The Castle
- Former WWE Referee Scott Armstrong Appears On IMPACT Emergence
- Another Legal Update On Jeff Hardy DUI Case
- NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 16 Results
- Vince McMahon Planned On Burying Gunther Following July 4 Raw