Becky Lynch and Seth Rollins are two of the top names in their respective divisions in WWE.
Both stars became world champion at WrestleMania 35 back in 2019, just days before they went public with their relationship, with the two since getting married.
The two began dating in January of that year, and speaking to Cosmopolitan UK, Becky revealed that making their relationship public was her ‘number one concern’ with dating Rollins.
Specifically, she wanted to avoid the two being paired together on-screen, and the reception it would get from fans.
“When I first started dating Seth, I had certain reservations about it being public. Not being public from the standpoint of in case things didn’t work out — I knew fairly early on that he was the one and that there wasn’t a more perfect person for me out there. But I was worried about us getting involved in a storyline in WWE and how that would be received. Trying to figure out that balance, it was harder for me than it was for him. I often felt awkward, like I’m a certain way in our personal life and then I have to maintain a certain aura and a certain presence in the ring … I did struggle with that.”
Sure enough, just months later, Becky and Seth were a part of a storyline together, with the two teaming up to face off against Baron Corbin and Lacey Evans in a rivalry that is not looked back on too fondly by Becky herself.
“Sure enough, we ended up in a storyline in WWE and it wasn’t the best.”
Becky and Seth have not been paired together on-screen since then, though their relationship has been referenced multiple times, such as with Seth’s feud with Matt Riddle and Becky’s feud with Bayley.
transcription via Wrestling Inc.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Scrapped Championship Win Plans For Released WWE Star Revealed
- John Cena, Cody Rhodes & More Announced For NXT Airing Against Edge’s AEW Debut Match
- Major Spoiler For Jade Cargill WWE Debut?
- Which WWE Brand Jade Cargill Is Expected To Debut On Revealed
- Update On Becky Lynch WWE Status
- Tony Khan Interested In Free Agent Rumored To Join AEW Or WWE
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Winning Back The NXT North American Championship
- Bryan Danielson Lists Dream Opponents For Final Full-Time Year In AEW
- WWE Star Says Jade Cargill Would Be A Good Fit For His Faction
- Dominik Mysterio Shares New Rhea Ripley Video After WWE Raw Ultimatum