Becky Lynch has discussed her rivalry with Ronda Rousey, and whether or not she believes a singles match between the two will ever happen.
Lynch was set to do battle with the former UFC star at Survivor Series 2018, before she was injured ahead of the anticipated contest.
Speaking with Ryan Satin on Out of Character, Lynch recalled being devastated that she wasn’t medically cleared to wrestle Rousey:
“I was pretty devastated, also severely concussed. I think that helped the devastation because really, I knew that if the match wasn’t going to happen now, it was going to happen at WrestleMania. I knew pretty quickly that it was a good thing that it had happened.
“Still, when you’re concussed, you’re very emotional, so I was real devastated that it wasn’t going to happen. Even in the hospital, I was trying to think of ways that I could still have the match at Survivor Series and they were like, ‘No, you’re not wrestling.’ ‘No, but I can do this.’ ‘No.'”
At WrestleMania 35, Lynch pinned Rousey in the three-way main-event to win both the Raw and SmackDown Women’s Titles. When asked whether she thinks she will ever face Rousey one-on-one, Lynch said:
“Yeah, and I do think it will. The fact that I’ve had a baby and came back so great that she’ll probably want to one up me and she’ll try to come back in three months. Then I’ll be right there to punch her right in the face, give her a Rock Bottom, out of here in 20 seconds, Ronda.”
Lynch defends her SmackDown Women’s Championship against Bianca Belair and Sasha Banks at Crown Jewel next week (October 21).
Transcription via Fightful.
- Hit Row Return On WWE SmackDown
- Tony Khan Officially Announces Parker Boudreaux Is All Elite
- Tyson Fury Announces Retirement From Boxing
- Karrion Kross References Release In Promo On SmackDown
- Swerve Strickland Reacts To Hit Row WWE Return On SmackDown
- Another Legal Update On Jeff Hardy DUI Case
- Former WWE Referee Scott Armstrong Appears On IMPACT Emergence
- NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 16 Results
- Vince McMahon Planned On Burying Gunther Following July 4 Raw
- Deonna Purrazzo & Chelsea Green Win Knockouts Tag Team Championships At IMPACT Emergence