WWE star Becky Lynch has recalled telling Vince McMahon to take more holidays while he was still with WWE.
McMahon stepped away from his CEO and Chairman roles in June amid ‘hush pact’ allegations. He officially announced his retirement on July 22.
Speaking with Adam’s Apple, Lynch noted that McMahon once opened up to her about not being able to relax when taking time away from WWE.
“I sat down with him once and asked him, ‘Hey Vince, you ever take any time off?.’ He’s like ‘Yeah, one time I took a holiday and I was lying on the beach. I couldn’t relax, I couldn’t relax. And then I came back (to work) and I said you know what we’re gonna do? We’re gonna do a big event, it’s going to be like a SuperBowl, and we’re gonna call it WrestleMania.’
“I was like, ‘Well Vince, I think you should take more holidays.'”
AEW’s Chris Jericho recently noted that McMahon had previously told him that he wished he could truly take some time away from wrestling.
Stephanie McMahon and Nick Khan will be the co-CEOs of WWE moving forward, and Triple H will run creative.
SmackDown Women’s Champion Liv Morgan has stated that the WWE locker-room is excited about the future.
For everything we currently know about Vince McMahon retiring, click here. You can find further updates and follow-ups on Vince McMahon at this link.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- Paul Heyman Idea That Vince McMahon Thought Was ‘Terrible’ Revealed
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury
- VIDEO: AEW Star Teases In-Ring Return After Almost A Year Away