While WWE 2K22 has been released for some time, enjoying both positive fan and critical reception, some behind-the-scenes details have emerged.
Specifically, as it relates to released stars appearing in the game, Fightful Select (paid subscription required) has reported that the roster reveals earlier this year caught some people by surprise, including released talent who were in the game.
Apparently, Fightful has spoken to “several members of the WWE 2K22 roster” that were released from the company after they were scanned for inclusion in the video game.
None of the talent Fightful spoke to were informed in advance that their likeness would continue to appear in the WWE 2K22 offering despite having been released but “some caught wind of it in the days prior.”
Fascinatingly, Fightful also notes that they have spoken to numerous wrestlers who weren’t specifically told outright that they would be getting paid for their inclusion in the game, “but to expect something later this year.”
According to the report, they also heard a previous report that WWE specifically wanted Bray Wyatt removed from the game entirely.
You can read more about the WWE 2K22 roster by clicking here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill Breaks Silence After AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Loss
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing
- Hilarious Moment From AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 You Probably Missed
- First Participants For 2023 WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match Revealed
- Two NXT Stars Reportedly Backstage At May 29 WWE Raw
- NXT Stars Debut On WWE Raw
- Spoiler For WWE Star Returning From Injury On Raw?