While WWE 2K22 has been released for some time, enjoying both positive fan and critical reception, some behind-the-scenes details have emerged.
Specifically, as it relates to released stars appearing in the game, Fightful Select (paid subscription required) has reported that the roster reveals earlier this year caught some people by surprise, including released talent who were in the game.
Apparently, Fightful has spoken to “several members of the WWE 2K22 roster” that were released from the company after they were scanned for inclusion in the video game.
None of the talent Fightful spoke to were informed in advance that their likeness would continue to appear in the WWE 2K22 offering despite having been released but “some caught wind of it in the days prior.”
Fascinatingly, Fightful also notes that they have spoken to numerous wrestlers who weren’t specifically told outright that they would be getting paid for their inclusion in the game, “but to expect something later this year.”
According to the report, they also heard a previous report that WWE specifically wanted Bray Wyatt removed from the game entirely.
You can read more about the WWE 2K22 roster by clicking here.
- Another AEW Star Clears Twitter Amid Contract Expiry Speculation
- Chris Jericho, Bryan Danielson & Paul Wight Appear On WWE Raw
- Backstage Details On AEW Stars Appearing On Raw, Jon Moxley Injury Update, Vince McMahon Allegations – Audio News Bulletin – June 28, 2022
- Fans Speculate AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired Following Cryptic Tweet
- Kevin Owens Misses WWE Raw Due To ‘Minor Situation’
- Luke Owen Reviews WWE Raw – June 27, 2022
- AEW Star Jake Atlas Domestic Violence Case Dropped
- Cody Rhodes Appears On June 27 WWE Raw
- Latest On Sasha Banks & Naomi WWE Statuses
- John Cena Says He Doesn’t Know When His Next Match Is During Raw Return