It has been nearly three years since Bushiroad, the company which owns New Japan Pro Wrestling, announced the purchase of Joshi wrestling promotion World Wonder Ring Stardom, better known as Stardom.
Stardom is known for its fantastic women’s wrestling, but it is also known for its championship belts, many of which has excellent names.
There’s the Goddess of Stardom Championship, the Artist of Stardom Championship, and also the High Speed Championship. Now though, a new title is being added to that list, as Stardom have unveiled the designs for the new IWGP Women’s Championship.
Here is the IWGP women’s Championship design! pic.twitter.com/c0mL6FFs7R
— We Are Stardom (@we_are_stardom) August 24, 2022
One fan pointed out it reminded them of the V2 Championship, and it turns out that’s not a coincidence, because Stardom replied to say that was the inspiration behind the design.
The inaugural IWGP Women’s Champion will be crowned at the November 20 Historic X-Over show, which will be co-promoted alongside New Japan Pro Wrestling. The belt will be defended in both Japan and America.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Stars Honor Late TV Star Jason David Frank
- AEW Star Praises Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat After Return Match
- Bayley Recruits Recent Celebrity WWE Signee to Damage CTRL?
- Correction On William Regal AEW Contract Status
- Sami Zayn/Roman Reigns Plans Revealed, William Regal WWE Return Update, Major WWE India Show – News Bulletin – November 28, 2022
- CM Punk “S**t The Bed” Putting AEW Into “Freefall” Claims WWE Hall of Famer
- Real Reason Why Roman Reigns Didn’t Have Red Gear For Survivor Series WarGames
- Former WWE Star Criticizes Aspect Of AEW TV For Being ‘A Bit Much’
- Details On New WWE Tryout This Week
- Triple H Reveals Scrapped Plans For Celebrity Appearance At Survivor Series