It has been nearly three years since Bushiroad, the company which owns New Japan Pro Wrestling, announced the purchase of Joshi wrestling promotion World Wonder Ring Stardom, better known as Stardom.
Stardom is known for its fantastic women’s wrestling, but it is also known for its championship belts, many of which has excellent names.
There’s the Goddess of Stardom Championship, the Artist of Stardom Championship, and also the High Speed Championship. Now though, a new title is being added to that list, as Stardom have unveiled the designs for the new IWGP Women’s Championship.
Here is the IWGP women’s Championship design! pic.twitter.com/c0mL6FFs7R
— We Are Stardom (@we_are_stardom) August 24, 2022
One fan pointed out it reminded them of the V2 Championship, and it turns out that’s not a coincidence, because Stardom replied to say that was the inspiration behind the design.
The inaugural IWGP Women’s Champion will be crowned at the November 20 Historic X-Over show, which will be co-promoted alongside New Japan Pro Wrestling. The belt will be defended in both Japan and America.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Major WWE Target To Become Free Agent In January 2024
- WWE Star Teases Potential Free Agent Target
- WWE Creative Plans Changed For Two Stars Due To ‘Tremendous Support’ Backstage
- Braun Strowman WWE Status Update After Serious Neck Surgery
- Big Departure From AEW Confirmed
- WWE Star Makes In-Ring Return After Reported Concussion
- Absent WWE Star Has First Match In Several Months
- Big Update On WWE 2K24 Release Plans
- Video Footage Of Fan Jumping Barricade To Confront WWE Star At Untelevised Event
- Raw Star Who ‘Never Wins’ Addresses WWE Booking