The second-ever women’s WrestleMania main event took place on WrestleMania 37 Night One, when SmackDown Women’s Champion Sasha Banks defended her championship against 2021 Royal Rumble winner Bianca Belair.
The match was one of the best of the night, and saw Bianca defeat Banks to make history to capture her first women’s championship.
The show also saw several other big matches, including Bobby Lashley vs Drew McIntyre for the WWE Championship, which ultimately ended up opening the show.
Bianca spoke to Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful recently, where she revealed that there was back and forth in the company about what match would be main eventing the show, and that she found out that her and Sasha were main eventing at the same time as everyone else.
“I feel like we found out at the same time as everyone else on Twitter. It was a lot of back and forth between who was going to main event and who wasn’t. A lot of our fans on Twitter were doing hashtags and really pushing for it. We found out, I believe, the day before WrestleMania that we were going to be the main event. Some people think maybe that’s scary, but it didn’t give me time to think or get too nervous. We just had to go out there and do what we do and that’s what we did.”
Bianca would go on to have another match for a women’s championship against Becky Lynch the following year, which many people advocated to be the main event of that show as well.
- AEW Star Announces 2023 Will Be Their Last Year Wrestling
- Discussions For Shocking Star To Be Undertaker’s Son In WWE
- Seth Rollins Pays Tribute To Brodie Lee At WWE Live Event In Rochester (Video)
- Huge Update On William Regal WWE Return
- Kurt Angle Reveals Major WWE Star Wanted To Join TNA
- Triple H Was ‘Very Unhappy’ With Popular Star’s WWE Release
- Here Is When Tegan Nox’s WWE Return Was Finalised
- AEW Star Recalls Heartwarming ‘WrestleMania Moment’ With Kevin Owens
- Edge Heaps Praise On Three Top AEW Stars
- Major Celebrity Says ‘Lets Do It’ To WWE Match Against The Paul Brothers