WWE Raw Women’s Champion Bianca Belair has revealed that her husband Montez Ford talked her into keeping a major part of her presentation.
Belair exploded onto WWE fans’ radars with her NXT TV debut and Mae Young Classic tournament stint in 2017.
During her earlier WWE days, Belair established her long braid as an integral part of her presentation, with the star occasionally using it as a weapon.
Belair’s braid played a huge role in her WrestleMania 37 main event victory in 2021, with the EST whipping Sasha Banks (Mercedes Mone) with her hair before dropping her with a KOD to win the SmackDown Women’s Championship.
Speaking on Kevin Hart’s Cold As Balls show, Belair revealed that Montez Ford convinced her to keep the braid.
Explaining Ford’s reasoning, Belair said:
“My husband, who I met in WWE, Montez Ford, he’s one half of the Street Profits, a tag team, he’s been watching wrestling since he was in his momma’s womb.
“He was the one that talked me into keeping the braid.
“He was like ‘if somebody comes to a show for the first time, they’ll remember the girl with the braid.'”
Belair most recently defended her Raw Women’s Title on WWE TV at WrestleMania 39, defeating Asuka in singles action.
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for 2023 using our tracker right here.
Transcription via WrestleZone.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Big Change For AEW Double Or Nothing Setup
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: What Tiffany Stratton Said To Shawn Michaels Backstage After NXT Women’s Title Win
- Details On ‘Mandatory’ AEW Backstage Meeting About ‘Dirt Sheets’ Revealed
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed