WWE Raw Women’s Champion, Bianca Belair, has revealed her dreams to take her talents beyond wrestling.
The former track and field athlete signed with WWE in 2016 and made her television debut on NXT in May 2017.
Belair has gone from strength to strength with the promotion since, having established herself as ‘the EST.’
She is currently in her first reign of the Raw Women’s Championship after defeating Becky Lynch during WrestleMania 38 in April 2022.
In a recent interview with Alistair McGeorge of Metro, Bianca Belair revealed that she hopes to multi-task in her career and pursue projects away from the ring.
“I’m super excited for it. I’m someone who… I don’t like to sit still at all, I like to do everything. I like to utilize all of my talents.
“At one point in my life, I’d have never thought of being a WWE superstar, and now I am,”
Belair made a point of saying that she is not done with the ring, however, she is keen to reach a wider audience which she hopes in turn, will bring new wrestling fans.
“I can’t think of myself as anything other than a WWE superstar. I’m still in the business, I’m just getting started, I’m still honing my craft. I have so much more to do, but right now I’m just multitasking and going outside the wrestling bubble and bringing more eyes to the product. That’s my goal.”
During the WWE third-quarter earnings call, WWE co-Ceo Nick Khan revealed that Bianca Belair will star in a new Hulu series along with her husband Montez Ford.
Belair drew inspiration from break-out wrestlers Dwayne Johnson and John Cena for how they have made a name for themselves outside of the ring. When asked if she would like to one day work alongside them, the Raw Women’s Champion said:
“I would love to! One day, it would be a dream come true if I was in a movie with The Rock or John Cena. They’re the ones that have the blueprint of transitioning and doing multiple things.
“That’d be a dream come true.”
Belair will be teaming up with Alexa Bliss, Asuka, Mia Yim and a TBA member of the roster to face Damage CTRL, Nikki Cross and Rhea Ripley at WWE Survivor Series: War Games on November 26.
Check out the full match card for the event so far right here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Backstage Issues In AEW Potentially Led To William Regal’s WWE Return
- Triple H Was ‘Very Unhappy’ With Popular Star’s WWE Release
- AEW Star Speaks Out On William Regal Departure
- Top WWE Star Misses Working With Kenny Omega
- Sami Zayn Explains How Real-Life Friendship With The Usos Influenced WWE Bloodline Storyline
- Here’s What Triple H ‘Almost Never Mentioned’ In Creative Meetings
- Barry Windham Suffers Heart Attack, Currently In ICU
- New Changes, Additions & Plans For WWE 2K23 Potentially Revealed
- Huge Tease For The Rock Vs Roman Reigns At WrestleMania 39
- Sami Zayn Names AEW Stars He Wants To Face