Former WWE star Big Damo (Killian Dain) has argued that WWE ‘vastly underrated’ Eric Young during his time with the company.
Speaking on the Two Man Power Trip podcast, Damo discussed his time in SAnitY, teaming with Young, Axel Tischer (Alexander Wolfe) and Nikki ASH (Cross).
Damo explained that he felt there was a time Young could’ve convincingly won the NXT Title, noting:
“That’s me as a fan as much as a guy involved because I think EY, they vastly underrated EY. It was a bizarre time, and then I know we turned face kind of naturally and all these things. I get it, that’s why we went more tag team-based, and then I went in the singles run and stuff instead because the crowd took to us in a different way.”
Young, Damo and Tischer were ultimately called up to the main roster without Nikki in 2018, before the faction was split up in 2019.
Young was released from his WWE contract in April 2020, Tischer departed the company in May 2021 and Damo was released a month later.
In an exclusive interview, Tischer recently revealed the bizarre way the members of SAnitY found out they were going to be moved to different brands, which you can read about right here.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
- WWE Hires New Creative Role Connected To White Rabbit Teases
- Scrapped Young Bucks AEW Plans Revealed
- Colt Cabana Responds To Joke About ‘Naughty’Talent Being Sent To ROH
- Sammy Guevara Makes Ironic Comment Amid Online Feud With Andrade El Idolo
- Veer Mahaan Returns To NXT And Reunites With Sanga
- Another WWE Name Change?
- Major AEW Event Confirmed To Return Later This Year?
- MJF Comments On WWE New Director Of Longterm Creative
- Halloween Havoc Stipulation Revealed & Bizarre Attack On NXT
- Tony Khan On Andrade El Idolo Potentially Leaving AEW After Rampage