It has now been nearly two months since former WWE Champion Big E broke his neck during after a botched belly-to-belly suplex on an episode of SmackDown which saw him land directly on the top of his head.
Shortly after the horrible incident, Big E revealed both his C1 and C6 vertebrae had been fractured, but thankfully there was no damage to his spinal chord.
There has been very little news about his recovery, but E has just provided an update on his Twitter account, and unfortunately the news isn’t ideal.
For those desirous of an update, my C1 apparently isn’t healing optimally. I’ll spend another 4-6 weeks in a brace in hopes that I can avoid a fusion. But don’t you fret! I’ve got a tremendous support system & what shall be shall be.
— Ettore “Big E” Ewen (@WWEBigE) May 6, 2022
A doctor at the time of the injury speculated Big E may never be able to wrestle again due to the serious nature of the injury, but as we can see, Big E is being very positive, and everyone at WrestleTalk is sending their best wishes his way.
We will continue to provide updates on Big E’s recovery as and when information becomes available.
- WWE Raw Live Results – May 23, 2022
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Status For Tonight’s WWE Raw Revealed
- Hulk Hogan Leaked As Shock Ric Flair Return Match Opponent?
- Brian Cage Teases Shock AEW ‘Re-Debut’
- Kyle O’Reilly Reveals When His AEW Contract Expires
- Cody Rhodes Comments On Upcoming AEW Double Or Nothing PPV
- Fans Baffled As USA Network Posts List Of ‘Most Famous WWE Walkouts’
- Clarification On Exactly When Sasha Banks & Naomi Walked Out Of Last Week’s WWE Raw
- Jaxson Ryker Called Out After Latest Homophobic Comments & More
- Swerve Strickland Confirms Tag Team Name With Keith Lee