WWE Champion Big E has commented on AEW fan reactions, believing they force those in WWE to raise their game.
Speaking with The Illuminerdi, Big E noted that competition in pro-wrestling is good, and expects WWE to step up to the challenge. Impressed by the passion of AEW fans, Big E said:
“I know, from a fan perspective, a lot of people would prefer that I come in here and trash talk everyone in AEW and stir the pot, but that’s not my style.
“I think it forces us to raise our game. If you watch their shows, and you see rabid fans/people losing their minds and people loving those shows. It should make us want to say, ‘Yo! We want to be dominating them. We want to step our game up. We want to put on the better show.’
“I think it’s just also very good we have men and women who may not fit here in WWE, who may not want – whatever it is, but now they have a place they can go. And they can wrestle. They can make money. They can live their dream. They can be on TV, so I think it’s great.”
The WWE Champion had previously discussed the possibility of WWE working with AEW, admitting that he finds the idea of a forbidden door opening up between the two companies ‘interesting’.
Quote via WrestlingInc.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- Who Advanced To The WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match From Raw
- What Sami Zayn Had To Say About The Bloodline Implosion On WWE Raw
- Update On Brock Lesnar WWE Schedule Ahead Of SummerSlam
- WWE Star To Confront Cody Rhodes On Tonight’s Raw (June 5)?
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW