Former WWE Champion Big E has singled out a rising NXT star has someone likely to main event shows and win world championships in the future.
After visiting this week’s ‘Heatwave’ NXT special (August 22) Big E got a chance to see the next generation of WWE first-hand.
Whilst there he got particularly close with current NXT Champion Carmelo Hayes, even participating in a special throwback photoshoot which saw both Hayes and Big E hold their respective NXT Championships, with E posing with the title belt he held back in 2012.
In reflection of his interaction with Hayes, E posted a clip of the shoot while also sharing some kind words for the 29-year-old on Twitter.
Melo is a STAR. Couldn’t be a bigger fan of @Carmelo_WWE as a talent & professional.
Looking forward to the main roster main events & world titles.
After originally rising through WWE’s developmental promotion FCW, E was a part of the original black & gold class of NXT along with the likes of Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt.
Similarly to all those stars E would later go on to capture a world championship, specifically the WWE Championship in 2021, something he clearly feels is also in Hayes’ future too.
You can check out E and Hayes’ interaction backstage at NXT Heatwave below.
— Ettore “Big E” Ewen (@WWEBigE) August 24, 2023
Think you know the most about wrestling? Join our Wrestle League predictions competition for free, and be in with the chance of winning $250 of Amazon vouchers. Make sure you subscribe to email notifications to make sure you never miss a show.
- Updated List Of Released WWE Stars
- Mustafa Ali Gone From WWE
- John Cena Sends Message To Dolph Ziggler After WWE Release
- The Rock Reacts To WWE Releases
- Released WWE Star’s Final Match Set For Tonight
- Report: Released WWE Star ‘Caused All Kinds Of Issues’ Behind The Scenes
- Elias Breaks Silence After Being Released By WWE
- Update On Mustafa Ali WWE Departure
- Big E Reacts To WWE Releasing Dolph Ziggler
- Valuation Of Upcoming WWE SmackDown USA Network Deal Revealed