Former WWE Champion Big E has provided an update on his neck injury following his important one-year scans.
Big E has been out of action since suffering a broken neck on the March 11, 2022 edition of SmackDown.
Throughout his recovery, Big E pointed to his April 2023 scans as important indicators for his future, one year on from the original injury.
Speaking on the Battleground podcast, Big E explained that he feels great and isn’t experiencing any function or pain issues.
Noting that he will soon speak with doctors about his next step, the popular star said:
“It’s just a complicated fracture. I broke my C1 and C2 in two places, a Jefferson fracture is what it’s called. It just takes a little more time to heal.
“We just did the one year scans after WrestleMania, it was a little later because of WrestleMania. We need to sit down with the doctors at some point and figure out what the next step is.
“From my perspective, I feel great, I have no function issues, no pain issues, I’ve been in the gym since two weeks after I broke my neck. I’m feeling great.
“Obviously, your neck has to be in a certain condition to deal with the rigors of being in the ring on a nightly basis.”
Big E previously shared his honest thoughts on his previous WWE Championship reign, which you can read more about right here.
Transcription via Fightful.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Possible Spoiler On A New Title Belt To Be Introduced On June 2 WWE SmackDown
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Date For Major WWE International Show Revealed?