Former WWE Champion Big E has been out of action since March when he suffered a broken neck following a botched Belly To Belly Suplex from Ridge Holland.
Big E’s in-ring future in the company remains uncertain, with him recently admitting that he would be ‘at peace’ if he never wrestled again, but WWE has still made sure to take care of the New Day member.
Big E recently spoke to the MMA Hour about his injury, where he admitted that WWE has taken care of him, as he is still being paid, as well as WWE paying his medical expenses.
“Yeah, I’m still getting paid, I have no complaints with the way they have taken care of me. I’ve been paid very regularly. My money hasn’t gone down at all. They’ve also helped me they sent me like a bone stimulator as well to help accelerate the growth of the bone. Medical has been there, they’ve done a great job. There’s been no expense either with my medical stuff. So yes, I’ve been taken care of for sure.”
Big E, alongside Paul Heyman and Triple H, was leading last night’s WWE tryouts in Nashville over SummerSlam weekend. E spoke about being able to carve out a role for himself in the company, even outside of the ring.
“I think it has to make sense I’d have to be able to carve out a role that I think is that makes sense for me. So yeah, just because I’m not wrestling anymore, if that is indeed the case, that doesn’t mean that I can’t find a way to still be involved.”
The injury bug has struck the entire world of professional wrestling this year, with many of WWE and AEW’s top stars going down. For a full list of currently injured WWE stars, click here.
transcription via Fightful
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Big Change For AEW Double Or Nothing Setup
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Details On ‘Mandatory’ AEW Backstage Meeting About ‘Dirt Sheets’ Revealed
- VIDEO: What Tiffany Stratton Said To Shawn Michaels Backstage After NXT Women’s Title Win