There may be a big format change to AEW Double Or Nothing that will affect the CM Punk vs. Hangman Page main event.
Appearing on Sports Media with Richard Deitsch podcast, AEW President Tony Khan discussed the Double Or Nothing event and how the NBA Playoffs may affect how he structures the show.
AEW is going to structure its pay-per-view around the potential Game 7 between the Miami Heat and Boston Celtics.
Khan related it to 2012 when Manny Pacquiao fought Timothy Bradley and they made the call to hold the main event back until the basketball ended.
Khan said they would do the same if the game is still going on, holding back on the main event between Hangman Page and CM Punk.
Typical AEW pay-per-views span nearly four hours, so this format change may see the headline bout start after the four hour mark of the show depending on the length of a possible NBA Game 7.
As previously noted, Khan also discussed CM Punk’s impact on AEW’s pay-per-view business since his signing.
For the full lineup of this Sunday’s event, click here.
- Jon Moxley Addresses CM Punk WWE Return Promo
- CM Punk’s First WWE Feud Confirmed
- WWE Star Returns After Over 10 Months
- Update On Plans For Potential Roman Reigns & CM Punk WWE Feud
- AEW Stars Join New Faction
- CM Punk Hilariously References Seth Rollins Incident Following WWE Return
- WWE Star Reacts To Banned Move Seemingly Being Unbanned
- Details On Departed AEW Star’s ‘Fractured’ Relationship With Tony Khan
- Ronda Rousey AEW Status Update Following ROH Debut
- WWE Star Returns With Bizarre New Gimmick