WWE has announced a number 1 contender match for the NXT Cruiserweight Title for the February 12, 2020 edition of NXT. Former Cruiserweight Champions will go at it to determine the next challenger.
Lio Rush will be facing Angel Garza for a shot at facing Jordan Devlin. Here is the official announcement from WWE:
Who will be the first challenger to new NXT Cruiserweight Champion Jordan Devlin?
We’ll find out this Wednesday night on NXT when bitter rivals and former champions Lio Rush and Angel Garza go head-to-head to determine the No. 1 contender.
The Irish Ace prevailed in a Fatal 4-Way Match at WWE Worlds Collide last month to dethrone Garza, though NXT’s resident lothario wasn’t pinned in that match, and he’s had no issue voicing his displeasure with that fact in recent weeks.
He unseated Rush to become champion late last year after a heated conflict that Garza made deeply personal, going as far as performing the signature tearing away of his pants right in front of Rush’s wife.
Given their history, no love will be lost when these competitors step in the ring. And with the added incentive of an opportunity to once again taste gold, anything could happen.
Will Rush prove to be The Man of the Hour, or will Garza once again get the better of his foe? Tune in to NXT on USA Network this Wednesday night at 8/7 C!
There’s no word on when the actual title match will happen. However, I hear a pre-show calling…
- Buddy Matthews ‘May Be Done’ With AEW
- Bullet Club Member Betrays Jay White & Turns Face At NJPW Burning Spirit
- Brock Lesnar Has Shaved Off His Beard (Photo)
- Wardlow Says MJF Is ‘Wholeheartedly A Piece Of S**t’
- The Hilarious Reason Teddy Long Is Trending On Twitter
- Buddy Matthews Confirms Wrestling Hiatus (VIDEO)
- The Bloodline Headed To Raw To Confront Top WWE Star
- Teddy Long Explains Twitter Account Blocking Spree
- AJ Styles Match Set For September 26 WWE Raw
- Wardlow Says AEW World Championship Is ‘In Shambles’