Since returning at this year’s Superstar Shake-up, the possibilities for Big Cass have looked endless. Within seconds of his return, he was thrown head first into a feud with arguably the most ‘over’ superstar on the WWE roster, Daniel Bryan.
After suffering a defeat via submission to Bryan, the rivalry look sure to continue. However, news has now broken that the seven-footer may have had his push taken away after angering backstage officials.
The source of this heat seems to have stemmed from the segment on last week’s SmackDown Live, where Big Cass went full Attitude Era and brought out a little person dressed as Daniel Bryan.
Pro Wrestling Sheet has reported that Cass’ role was supposed to be no more than cutting a promo before taking out the Daniel Bryan tribute act with a big boot.
Cass instead chose to put a full beat down on the Bryan mockery, an idea that had been rejected by producers backstage as well as Vince McMahon. The beat down has also been cut from the YouTube version of the event, confirming that the higher powers backstage are unhappy with the segment.
Since this segment aired, Cass lost his Backlash match to Bryan, tapping to the YES Lock and then was absent for this week’s taping of SmackDown Live. Creating speculation that Cass is being punished for going against the boss’ wishes.
Is this just a bump in the road for Big Cass? Do you want to see his rivalry with Bryan continue? Let us know in the comments below or on Twitter here.
- wwe smackdwon
- SmackDown Live
- WWE SmackDown Live
- Big Cass
- Daniel Bryan
- Vince McMahon
- New AEW Signing Confirmed
- Ole Anderson Passes Away
- The Rock Breaks Heel WWE Character To Send Message To Triple H
- Injury Concern For Top WWE Star After Elimination Chamber?
- Jack Perry’s First Match Since CM Punk Incident At AEW All In 2023 Confirmed
- Rumoured WWE Signing Officially Set To Become Free Agent
- Former WWE Champion Out With Injury
- CM Punk Reacts To Not Being Included In WWE 2K24
- Randy Orton Has Brutally Honest Reaction To Man Using RKO In Public
- Becky Lynch Comments On Vince McMahon WWE Allegations