WWE has taken to social media and its website to announce a big title match for tomorrow night’s episode of SmackDown on FOX.
The match will be a rematch from a couple of weeks ago as AJ Styles challenges for the Intercontinental Championship against the man that beat him for it, Jeff Hardy.
The chaos surrounding the Intercontinental Championship was ratcheted up with the return of Sami Zayn, but Jeff Hardy will walk into Friday Night SmackDown with a major challenge awaiting in the ring. The Charismatic Enigma will face AJ Styles in an Intercontinental Title clash of rivals on the blue brand.
Hardy reclaimed the workhouse championship in a gritty win over The Phenomenal One, but the outspoken Superstar has been crying foul ever since Hardy’s dramatic triumph. The reemergence of Zayn threw another wrench into the title picture, as The Great Liberator has staked claim to the championship as well. The three competitors brawled inside the squared circle last week on SmackDown, and it was Zayn who walked up the ramp with a wry smile after delivering a Helluva Kick to Hardy.
Will Hardy be able to keep the focus on the ring and defend his title against the skillful Styles? Or will Zayn make his presence felt once again?
Also confirmed for SmackDown is that Bayley will address her attack on Sasha Banks last week, and Bray Wyatt will introduce a new friend to the Firefly Fun House.
WrestleTalk.com will of course be providing live coverage of the show tomorrow night.
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Bray Wyatt SmackDown Status Amid WrestleMania Uncertainty
- WWE Star Reacts To Fans Believing They’d Be Buried Following Vince McMahon Departure
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Konnan Picks Winner of Dominik vs Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Match
- AEW Star Set For First Ever Televised Singles Match
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- WWE Hall Of Famer To Appear On WWE Programming The Night Before WrestleMania?