For the last few weeks, AEW has been building a feud between Britt Baker and former NWA Women’s Champion Thunder Rosa, and the pair were set to go one-on-one on Dynamite next week.
However, AEW didn’t promote the match when running down the card for next week’s show on Dynamite this week, and we have subsequently learnt that the match has been called off due to COVID exposure.
In the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer notes that Thunder Rosa came into contact with someone who tested positive for COVID and subsequently wasn’t at the Dynamite tapings this week.
The match between Baker and Rosa has now been postponed and replaced by an NWA Women’s title match between champion Serena Deeb and Tay Conti of Dark Order:
Also off the 1/13 show was the Britt Baker vs. Thunder Rosa match. Rosa was in contact with someone who was COVID positive so was held off the tapings this week but the match will take place at some point. The official word is that they decided to add the NWA women’s title match to the show since it hadn’t been defended. In its place the decision was made to debut Baker’s Waiting Room segment as well as add Serena Deeb vs. Tay Conti (with the Dark Order in their corner) for the NWA women’s title.
Pending there are no additional delays, then it’s likely that AEW will postpone the Baker vs. Rosa match until the January 20th episode of Dynamite, or the Beach Break special currently scheduled for February.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Update On WWE’s Plans For After WrestleMania
- Tony Khan Uses WWE’s ‘Sworn Court Filings’ To Fire Back At Criticism Of AEW
- Batista’s Status For 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Revealed
- Update On Roman Reigns’ Post-WrestleMania Schedule
- Triple H ‘Not Certain’ About Finish To Huge WrestleMania 39 Match
- AEW Stopped Wrestling Veteran From Retiring
- NJPW Star Set For AEW Dynamite Appearance?