AEW’s Billy Gunn has confirmed that he will feature in an upcoming A&E documentary focusing on the WWE faction D-Generation X.
Speaking with Nick Hausman on The Wrestling Inc. Daily, Billy Gunn revealed that he spent a full day filming for the upcoming release.
Noting that AEW President Tony Khan had no problem with him taking the job, Billy Gunn said:
“I don’t know if I can plug it, but there’s a DX documentary coming out. I don’t know if I am supposed to say that, but I guess it’s too late now. Tony is really good about that, he’s not that kind of guy, he really isn’t. He’s a great guy to work for. They approached me, and of course, I went straight to him and everything that they did, it was okay.
“It’s for A&E because that was what they told me. It was all run through us so it’s not like I did anything behind anyone’s back. But, it’ll be pretty cool, I think it’s more of a look into what we are doing now. Of course, they’re going to talk about what we did.
“But they literally spent all day, they came and filmed me and the boys working out. Everything I do is for the boys, it’s more about getting them TV exposure. So we did that and did a sit-down interview, and it was more about what my life is now and stuff like that. So, it’ll be pretty interesting.”
WWE and A&E recently announced a multi-year expansion of their original programming partnership, commissioning over 130 new hours of ‘premium WWE-themed series’, including includes 35 new episodes of the ‘Biography’ series.
In January, it was reported that Tony Khan was in talks with John Laurinaitis about potentially using certain AEW stars for WWE biographies.
Check out our full AEW roster page at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- VIDEO: What Happened After WWE Night Of Champions 2023 Went Off The Air?
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- Multiple Stars Left ‘Frustrated’ By Current WWE Merch
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed
- Rikishi Reacts To Bloodline Implosion At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- ‘Crazy’ Plans For AEW Double Or Nothing 2023