Last night’s Forbidden Door pay-per-view event was a huge night for the Blackpool Combat Club.
While Wheeler Yuta was unsuccessful in his trios match to open the night, the group saw the addition of a new member, when Claudio Castagnoli made his AEW debut as Bryan Danielson’s replacement against Zack Sabre Jr.
Then, in the main event, Jon Moxley defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi to become the interim AEW World Champion, bleeding an absolute gusher in process.
However, Moxley didn’t let a little pesky bit of blood stop him from posing for a badass photo with the Blackpool Combat Club (minus Bryan Danielson) after the show last night.
Moxley took to the microphone after the match, where he said that he was ‘probably concussed’ after the match.
#AEWxNJPW's #ForbiddenDoor was a HUGE night for the #BlackpoolCombatClub w/ the debut of @ClaudioCSRO & @JonMoxley capturing the Interim #AEW World Title! See all the action now on all major cable & satellite providers, @BleacherReport and internationally on @FiteTV & @ppv_com pic.twitter.com/3FMcqcoMbV
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) June 27, 2022
- ‘Heavy Heat’ On AEW Name For Recent Botch
- Mustafa Ali Makes Announcement About His Future After WWE Release
- ‘You Become A Liability’ – Current WWE Name Breaks Silence On Matt Riddle Being Released
- Becky Lynch Gives Brutally Honest Assessment Of WWE Women’s Booking
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite
- Big Change To WWE Fastlane Match Confirmed?
- Another Potential AEW WrestleDream Match Revealed
- Update On WWE ‘Breach Of Contract’ Case
- AEW Star Medically Cleared Last-Minute For Dynamite Match
- Major Injury Update On Adam Cole For AEW WrestleDream