A former NXT star has reportedly signed a deal with AEW and ROH.
Blake Christian has become one of the most popular independent wrestlers this year since his release from WWE in November 2021.
Since then, the former NXT star has appeared for AEW, ROH, IMPACT Wrestling, NJPW, Jim Crockett Promotions and GCW.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), sources surrounding the Starrcast show indicated that Christian is under an agreement with All Elite Wrestling, tied to the Ring of Honor promotion.
Blake Christian has appeared on both ROH shows since AEW President Tony Khan bought the promotion.
At Supercard of Honor, Christian lost to Colt Cabana on the Zero Hour pre-show and then teamed with Tony Deppen and Alex Zayne in a loss to Brian Cage and The Gates of Agony on the Death Before Dishonor Zero Hour pre-show.
Blake has also worked several AEW dates since March, but he most recently competed in three matches at the July set of Dark tapings, leading many to believe that he has signed with the company.
There is currently no confirmation whether his deal is full-time or tiered as of yet.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Malakai Black Denies Being Granted AEW Release
- AEW Backstage Reaction To Malakai Black & Buddy Matthews Departures Revealed
- Candice LeRae Makes WWE Return On WWE Raw
- Report: Tony Khan Not Granting Any AEW Releases
- Latest White Rabbit Code Links To Mysterious Tik Tok Video
- Major Hint That ‘White Rabbit’ Could Be Malakai Black?
- Big Change To AEW Dynamite Due To Hurricane Ian
- Trish Stratus Teases ‘Secret’ WWE Project
- Changes Coming Soon To AEW Television?
- Update On Swerve Strickland & Keith Lee Being Contacted By WWE