An update on former AEW star Bobby Fish’s status with IMPACT Wrestling following his surprise appearance at the Victory Road special.
During the September 23 event, the free agent took to the mic to cut a promo seemingly referencing recent AEW controversy.
In the promo, Fish notably stated that IMPACT can’t fire him because he doesn’t work there.
Per PWInsider, Fish had not signed with IMPACT Wrestling at the time of their report. Fish reportedly filmed backstage material but didn’t wrestle during the TV tapings over the weekend.
The report stated that Fish is currently scheduled for the October 7 Bound For Glory pay-per-view, and the TV taping that’s slated for the following night. Both will notably take place in his hometown of Albany, New York.
Fish finished up with AEW on August 31, after his contract with the company expired.
A recent report claimed that Fish attempted to convince Adam Cole and Kyle O’Reilly to ask for their releases so they could all return to WWE, but both told him no.
Fish recently discussed his AEW departure, and the possibility of a return to WWE.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Scrapped Pitch For Sting AEW Retirement Revealed
- Bayley Reacts To Dakota Kai & Damage CTRL WWE Betrayal
- AEW Star Contract Expiry Update
- Potential WWE Signing Recalls Conversations With Shawn Michaels
- WWE Star Praises AEW’s Sting For Going Out On His Own Terms
- AEW Star Set For Return Match Against Brother
- Details On WWE Star’s Role In Upcoming Movie
- Cody Rhodes Sends Message To Sting Ahead Of AEW Revolution Retirement
- Former AEW Star’s WWE Return Match Announced
- Sting’s Son Shares Emotional Message Ahead Of AEW Revolution Retirement Match