Dave Metlzer reported in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Bobby Fish underwent knee surgery last Thursday (March 8) to repair his partially torn ACL and MCL and will be out of action for about 6 months.
Just last week Bobby Fish suffered an injury at an NXT live event in a match with Heavy Machinery, which you can read about here. He went down with a knee injury, which was later revealed to be his ACL and MCL and was subsequently pulled from shows for the rest of the week and was not featured at the NXT taping last Wednesday.
This confirms that he will be missing NXT Takeover: New Orleans as expected and won’t be taking part in the NXT Tag Team Championship match, being replaced by Adam Cole in the match.
However, the extent of the injury was not known at the time so it was always possible that he would only be out a few weeks. Now with Meltzer reporting he will be out 6 months he will likely miss both NXT Takeover: Chicago in June and NXT Takeover: Brooklyn IV in August.
Unless he comes back from injury early, he is likely to miss two of the biggest NXT shows of the year so this is a massive loss for both the NXT brand and for Fish himself.
- AEW’s Miro Seemingly Agrees He ‘Had It Better’ In WWE
- Latest On AEW Stars Missing From ‘AEW: Fight Forever’ Roster
- Finn Balor Vs Rey Mysterio Added To August 8 WWE Raw
- Latest On Lacey Evans WWE Status After SmackDown Absence
- WWE Star Angel Teases Return To Old Ring Name
- NXT Star Tatum Paxley Injured At House Show
- FTR Announced For AEW Dynamite: Quake By The Lake
- Several WWE Talents Have Had ‘Direct Meetings’ With Triple H Regarding Creative
- The Latest Cryptic Bray Wyatt Tweet Has Dropped Amid WWE Return Speculation
- X-Pac Believes Logan Paul Could Be WWE Champion Material