Former NXT star Bobby Fish, who was released by WWE earlier this year, has been announced for the upcoming MLW Opera Cup.
Fish confirmed his MLW debut with Sports Illustrated, saying:
“I’m ready to jump in headfirst into MLW, especially with the Opera Cup. I welcome this new challenge. I’m in a situation now where I have extra room for creativity with what you see in the ring. That’s what I’m here to push. MLW has some very talented athletes, and I’m excited to see how we mix it up.”
Bobby Fish will be at the MLW Fightland show on October 2 to make his debut in the old ECW Arena in Philadelphia.
The Opera Cup has been held twice before, with Davey Boy Smith Jr winning in 2019, and Tom Lawlor winning in 2020.
Tom Lawlor, Dave Richards, TJP, Matt Cross, Calvin Tankman and Fish are six of the eight names that will be in this year’s edition of the tournament.
- Graphic Photo Of Becky Lynch Injury After NXT No Mercy 2023
- Edge ‘Too Loyal To WWE’ For AEW Debut Says Hall Of Famer
- New Update On Potential Edge AEW Debut Ahead Of WrestleDream
- WWE Faction Officially Breaking Up
- Carmelo Hayes Addresses NXT Championship Loss At No Mercy 2023
- Bryan Danielson Discusses Edge Potentially Joining AEW Ahead Of WrestleDream
- Update On Canceled TV Series Featuring CM Punk
- Jon Moxley Pushing For AEW To Sign Top Free Agent
- Spoiler On Former WWE Star’s ROH Debut
- Jon Moxley Fined By AEW