Former WWE NXT star Bobby Fish has reflected on his previous WarGames matches.
The stipulation was recently brought to the main roster, with two WarGames bouts taking place at Survivor Series in November.
The match type was first brought back on the NXT brand in 2017, with the Bobby Fish, Adam Cole, Kyle O’Reilly & Roderick Strong of the Undisputed Era facing the Authors of Pain and SAnitY.
The Undisputed Era competed in WarGames matches at the 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 iterations of the NXT TakeOver WarGames event.
Speaking with Fightful, Fish noted that he believes their WarGames performances improved with each bout.
Recalling the bouts, Fish said:
“We were the first coming back for this generation and with NXT, and none of us really knew what the f**k we were doing on that first one.
“But, I felt like we got something halfway decent and we got better with each one, and each one had a little bit more story to it.”
“I feel like we had an opportunity to learn from mistakes, get better at it, plan better things, be a little bit more strategic without losing the organic feel of classic pro wrestling.”
Fish was let go by WWE in August 2021. He joined Adam Cole and Kyle O’Reilly in AEW in late 2021, before leaving AEW in August.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Chris Jericho Responds To CM Punk Instagram Story
- CM Punk Shares Follow Up Message After Now-Deleted Instagram Story
- AEW Pitching Creative For Star Rumoured To Be Leaving
- El Hijo Del Vikingo Next Match Announced By Tony Khan
- Report: AEW Star Refused To Lose Match, Hasn’t Been Used Since
- AEW Star Miro Announces New Role
- Naomi Post-WWE New Ring Name Revealed?
- Update On Rumors Of Brock Lesnar Leaving WWE After WrestleMania 39
- Major WWE Star’s Twitter Hacked
- Report: News On Rumored Backstage Heat Between CM Punk & Jon Moxley