WWE star Bobby Lashley is interested in building to a match against Gunther later this year.
Lashley has been riding a wave of momentum since returning just before WrestleMania 38 and recently defeated Theory for the United States Championship at the Money In The Bank event at July 2.
While the All-Mighty has been riding high on Raw, Gunther has been a rising star on SmackDown. He defeated Ricochet to win the Intercontinental Championship on the June 10 edition of SmackDown.
Speaking with BT Sports, the current United States Champion discussed his desire to face Gunther sometime later this year.
“I think an interesting matchup that I heard a couple of times is Gunther. I think just him being my counter on the other show. I think it’s something that is kind of intriguing. He’s a tough, tough, tough competitor. I mean, he’s been doing some big stuff and he just went right up to the top right away. So I think it’s an interesting matchup. It’s a matchup that I think that we can kind of build towards. Maybe we can do that at Survivor Series or we can do that a little later on in the year, but it’s something definitely that I’m interested in.”
Before the two men can think about a cross-brand showdown at Survivor Series, Bobby Lashley must successfully defend the United States Championship against Theory at SummerSlam this Saturday, July 30.
Keep track of Bobby Lashley’s win-loss record (for televised matches) at this link.
Transcription via Fightful
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- Spoiler On Popular AEW Name Announced For New ROH Board Of Directors
- AEW Star Says He’s Been Dealing With Torn Triceps, But Now He’s Back
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- WWE Star’s First Match In Nine Months Announced